Lounging at the pool is one of the easiest ways to feel like a baller which is why I'm at the pool EVERY SINGLE DAY. Whether it's in your friend's backyard, a health/swim club or a hotel party, pools are great places to see and be seen. Here is what to wear to look like the baller you know you are. I raided my own closet to show you my favorite pool outfits.
1. This look is one of my everyday go-to's when it comes to getting dressed for the pool. If you've been following me for a while, then you already know I'm a fan of headgear. This beaded, fringe-y headpiece is perfect because it keeps your hair out of your face (no need to worry about your hair sticking to your lip gloss) and since it covers a lot in the front, you don't need to fix your hair. I like how it gives off the illusion of bangs and bangs will always be the ultimate It Girl hairstyle. I'm also a fan of kimonos and wear them all year round. (Side note: I do not have a winter wardrobe and a summer wardrobe. I buy summer clothing even in the dead of winter and then insulate myself by layering bodysuits and tights underneath and big, fluffy coats on top.)
The biggest statement in this outfit is my brand new pair of Jeffrey Campbell gladiator over-the-knee sandals. Ever since I bought them I've been obsessed with them. While they look amazing, they are a huge pain in the ass to put on so make sure you allow yourself at least half an hour to lace them up.
2. Another kimono. I told you I love them. This purple paisley one is long enough to reach the ground so I love wearing it on days when I'm feeling a little insecure or bloated. The shorts I'm wearing are actually workout shorts but sometimes I'll pair my favorite green bikini top with a high-waisted, black bikini bottom. And of course, it wouldn't be a pool outfit for me without some sort of headgear. Floppy, wide brim hats go with everything. The bigger and floppier, the better.
3. If you want more coverage down below, then harem pants are your best friend. These are high-waisted (I hike mine even higher up) and the material is super thin so you'll still feel cool. They're also baggy so I can eat like a pig and not have to worry about sucking in my stomach the whole time. The thing about wearing baggy pants is that being only 5'3", I feel dumpy so I balance it out with my favorite gold wedge heels by Prada. They go with everything I own and feel like jewelry for my feet. And bonus - they add a full 5 inches of height. Oh and look, more headgear. By now you should know that I never go to the pool without some sort of headgear. Free People has tons of great headbands (like the one I'm wearing) at reasonable prices so I buy a new one every time I visit their store.
Last but not least, let's talk about pool beauty. I don't like to wear a lot of makeup to the pool because I feel like it's too heavy and don't want to worry about my "face" coming off when I get in the water. Since I'm always wearing sunglasses, there's no need for eye makeup so the only thing I feel like I need is some bright red lipstick and lip balm.
- Aaveplaneetta: My Personal Rleationship with Graphic Tee's
- Aesthetic Distance: Welcome to Jamrock: What to Wear to the Pool this Summer
- Anonymous Beauty Blogger: How to Lead an Ethical Lifestyle
- The Antisocialista: Old Stripe, New Stripe, Bold Stripe, Blue Stripe
- Attire Club: The Best Looks from London Collections: Mens Spring Summer 2017
- Elements of Ellis: Green Utility Jacket
- From the Soles Up: Wrap it Up
- A Glamourous Revelation: Dancing to the Beat of Summer's Drum
- Happy. Pretty. Sweet.: Enjoy Leggings: Feed your Addiction
- Have Clothes Will Travel:I'm in Tokyo, I swear
- I’m So Versailles: The Estee Edit Review
- Life in the Fash Lane: Dressed up Maxi
- Lobler & Delaney: Styling Fun with Barbour
- Love Laugh Explore: Chambray + Olive
- Lucy VanDean: The One Who (almost) got Away
- Modavracha: Why You need to Enable Pinterest Rich Pins for Your Blog
- Outfit Zest: Lite Apparel, an Ethical Clothing Brand
- Rain of Peonies: Gold Rose Blend
- Style with Nihan: Blush Pink Blazer
- Trendee Toad: Small Town Pin-Up Gals